Personal Branding goes beyond managing your social media successfully. It is just like managing any other brand and it will give you a lot of success because it is connected to you, not to a business. Branding yourself means that your audience can follow you anywhere, it’s your profession, your lifestyle, your hobby that sells.
Most entrepreneurs and online marketers don’t have a clear idea of what they are doing overall. It’s crucial that you establish your personal branding strategy from the beginning. Well thought out actions on your digital platform will lead to your audience trust which is crucial. Let’s review some of the most common mistakes people make when building a personal brand so you don’t repeat them.
1. Not having a Clear Vision, Mission and Goals- Before you start developing your personal brand, it is very important to have a clear vision and mission for why you are developing your Personal Brand. Think Long term and then break it down into a definite mission and clearcut goals.
2. Not Showing your True Self- Being who you are is an essential part of building your personal brand that you should always have in mind. Being Genuine, trustworthy and reliable is very important while building your Personal Brand. Authenticity can’t be forced. Your words and actions should align with one another. Being who you are is an essential part of building your personal brand that you should always have in mind.
3. Not creating your own custom content- Make your own content to help you tell your stories! While you could be curating content sometimes, creating your own content, posting your own stories, starting your own polls will help you build and grow your personal brand. Also, if you are creating curated content, always remember to use content that is license-free. You don’t want to get red-flagged for plagiarizing someone else works.
4. Not being consistent with your Personal Branding-“Consistency is key for online success” You have probably heard this one before, that’s because it’s true. If you don’t post consistently with branded content, your audience will forget you very easily. How often? I think we can agree nowadays it’s important to post daily content as long as it’s relevant.
5. Not connecting Personally with your audience- It is very important to connect with your audience. Talk to them, use messages, respond to them! We know depending on the number of followers you have, this can be very tiring but it’s important that once in a while you talk back. Figure out a way to respond to all of them, for example, answering questions during a live video.
6. Lacking Confidence- You are the expert- and don’t let anyone think otherwise. It is very different admitting that you still have a lot to learn on the subject, but trust your experience, and show big confidence when talking to your audience about something you know and that you are giving advice on.
7. Not Evaluating your Results- Get in the habit of checking your stats regularly and when your numbers improve, note why that is. Every social media platform has its own analytics you can check and of course, you can use basic Google Analytics to keep an eye on your website or your blog. Note things like which posts perform better, what day you get a better response, which kinds of ads get you more traffic, etc.
8. Not creating videos- Making videos helps your audience trust you more when they see your face rather than an image. When people see you and hear you, they will understand and trust you more. I know , most of us do not like to be on video, but if you make the effort and do create videos-it will give your Personal Brand an immediate boost.
9. Not sharing your own success and struggles - Followers love to hear how you got to be where you are. Share your struggles, every milestone and how you reach success. Your story may inspire someone who needs that push- you never know.
So when creating your personal brand, try to avoid these common mistakes. Be smart and use tools that make your life easier in order to post daily content that is awesome and unique. Improving your content leads to happier followers, better engagement and finally more conversions.
BRAND YOURSELF ON LINKEDIN - DOWNLOAD FREE E-BOOK
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS VIDEO CHANNEL TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PERSONAL BRANDING ,AI AND EARNING ONLINE.
OUTCOMES OF JOINING THIS CHALLENGE
This is what you will have ready in the next 30 Days if you follow the Instructions:
Your Own Personal Branded Website Created by Yourself- Keep upgrading, modifying and adding as you go along
Your Own Personally Branded YouTube Channel-Keep upgrading, modifying and adding as you go along
Your own Podcast-Keep upgrading, modifying and adding as you go along
At least two Blogposts, YouTube Videos and Podcasts- You can create more if you can give this more than 1-2 hours a day and grow as you move along
Optimized Social Media Platforms- LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Twitter and any others you may want to build on
Learn how to get Organic Leads from Social Media and start building your email list.
Start building an additional income through Affiliate Marketing if you want to.
📃 About Vandana Nanda
📖 My Story : The Journey Thus Far
Vandana Nanda, is the Founder and CEO of Winbrand Academy, an Online Personal Branding and Digital Marketing School.
After working in the corporate world with IT and Education companies for over two and a half decades, Vandana decided to venture online in 2020 on a full time basis.
Working online with Time Freedom and Financial freedom has been a long cherished goal for her. Vandana has travelled the world and experienced both extremes of life , going from being a successful corporate executive and a homemaker to being a single parent and bringing up two young children while also focusing on a full time corporate job.
She has been able to bounce back, learn new skills and continue on her path to achieving Financial and Time Freedom. She has made it her mission to achieve financial freedom herself and also help thousands of people across the globe to find financial freedom by doing what they love. Through Winbrand Academy ,she is helping Entrepreneurs, Small Business Owners, Real Estate Agents, Insurance Brokers, Authors, Actors, Musicians, Lawyers, Teachers, Industry-Specific Professionals, and of course, people with a specific Passion from around the globe brand themselves.
Vandana’s purpose is to help people brand themselves as Leaders and Authorities in either their specific niche or in whatever their passion is while creating an income doing what they love.